Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2017

GOING TO A FASHION BALL



When you hear the word ‘fashion’ and ‘ball’ in the same sentence most of us become quite apprehensive on slightest details that are applied to our sleek hair and meticulous makeup. Yet with this being said, majority sense anxiousness from all balls. I was fortuitous to grasp a ticket for the 2015 Fashion Ball for my university. The minute after the purchase I commenced my search for the dress. Memories instantly returned back to my school formal and how indecisive I can be. Anyone close to me knows I can be completely indecisive on the simplest aspects, yet when I decide I’m absolutely for it. So deciding on a dress generates an extensive amount of nerves for me.
When I came across the ASOS dress, not only was I drawn to the elegance and desirability, the price was also astonishing. Who doesn’t want a bloody good bargain? As shown in the photos above the dress was a pure white and fitted. The material uniquely hangs down on the back creating an opulent vibe, which is quite ironic with how cheap it really was. The front was a long v-neck that had excessive material hanging down with underneath maintaining a tight mermaid look. I have no photos to display due to being extraordinarily picky with photographs. However, I can say that due to the fashion tape not sticking, majority of the night consisted with me trying to hold on to my chest.
The ball itself was intriguing, as it was my first ball I was eager to be part of the night. However, since I can be quite shy approaching and generating a conversation, I was relieved I attended the ball with one of my close friends and her sister, whom are both highly confident. They assured me to just relax and be myself. I met some amusing and kind-hearted people which I was able to speak to about mine and their fashion interests. It was also fascinating observing everyone’s style.  It was hysterical when I made eye contact with a girl I work with wearing the exact same dress as I was. The coincidence was insane, we were in tears of laughter. By the end of the night most were drunk, heels off and dancing. The overall experience was amazing and I’m excited to attend more balls in the future. My advice for those that are going to attend any ball is to not be paranoid and just have fun throughout the night.
Elise X

No comments:

Post a Comment